Came across a requirement of a project that the mail server is hosted on another server (such as gmail). To configure the outgoing email for SharePoint 2010 in this case requires setting up the vitural SMTP server with relay in IIS 6. Thank you Russell Wright for some good instructions here.
Tag Archives: SharePoint
As a SharePoint guy, I am certain that your customers (both internal and external) would have asked you to set permissions at the list view level. SharePoint unfortunately do not have a straight forward way to deal with this. Fortunately, thanks to Mr Khurram Punjwani for showing us how this can be achieved.
Often I come across the requirment of displaying document library on a site page that is from another site within the same site collection. Here is a very useful video that shows you how to do it step by step: All credits go to Laura Rogers who created this informative video
Overview Using the document library webpart on a site page, will always display the top level folder. If you would like to display only files within a subfolder. The following is one way to do it in SharePoint 2010. Step 1: Create a View Go to your document library (For example: Shared Documents) Click Settings […]
After a long googling around, finally I have found my answer here:UserName showing up as DomainNameUserName instead of Full Name in SharePoint 2010: ‘via Blog this’
White paper for setting up Business Intelligence using Analysis Services, Excel and SharePoint 2007 White paper: Excel Services step-by-step guides
OverviewIn SharePoint 2007, to achieve grouping list items by week, a week start or week end date is required. Calculated columns can be used to work out the start day of the week and end day of the week. Week starting Monday =[Created]-WEEKDAY([Created],2)+1 Week starting Sunday =[Created]-WEEKDAY([Created])+1 Week ending Saturday =[Created]+7-WEEKDAY([Created]) Week ending Sunday =[Created]+7-WEEKDAY([Created],2) […]
The ProblemWhen click on a certain link from the KPI dashboard list (like above), an error “Incorrect function. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070001)” was returned. The SolutionAfter some research I have found a helpful post which gives me an answer. Basically, to fix the issue, a Details Link is needed to be specified. Edit that KPI […]
OverviewMany of you would probably be in the situation when you realise the “Site Actions” and “View All Site Contents” appears to any users. No matter how you move the users around, they can still see them. Further to my previous post, the below is the detailed steps to help you in modifying the master […]
In the SharePoint environment, it does happen from time to time that you will receive an error page highlighted with the message “HRESULT: 0x80040E14”. It is, in most cases, caused by the log file in one of the SharePoint databases being full. To resolve this problem, we need identify the error from the SharePoint log […]